Becker's Spine Review, "The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics celebrates independence amid competition - 5 thoughts from Dr. Nicholas Grosso"
By Megan Wood
President of The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics in Waldorf, Md., Nicholas Grosso, MD, shared his thoughts on maintaining independence as a private practice, according to HealthLeaders Media.
In 2016, CAO plans to take on price transparency and bundled payments, focusing on the patient experience. The center involves 150 physicians and 50 locations.
Here are five thoughts:
1. In an environment of consolidation, private practices must adapt to remain independent.
2. Dr. Grosso points out no physician has left CAO after joining.
3. CAO's joint corporation structure offers independence while allowing physicians to benefit from economies of scale.
4. Dr. Grosso is emphasizing a "Four Seasons" patient experience. The organization is surveying patients at every practice about everything, from wait times to parking.
5. To differentiate the practices from a health system, Dr. Grosso is focused on individual practice branding.