Becker's Spine Review, The Centers for Advanced Orthoapedics' Revenue Increases 75% in Less Than 5 Years: 5 Takeaways
Since its inception in 2014, Bethesda, Md.-based The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics has seen rapid growth.
Here are five insights:
1. CAO first started with 128 physicians. The group has since grown 40 percent to nearly 200 physicians working at 65 locations and 39 physical therapy centers under the leadership of Nick Grosso, MD, Louis Levitt, MD, and Subir Jossan, MD.
2. Along with a boost in physicians, CAO has experienced a 75 increase in revenue, becoming the largest orthopedic group in the nation.
3. According to The Physician Foundation, private practice employment has dropped from 62 percent of physicians in 2008 to 35 percent in 2014. However, CAO has created a model that encourages
private practice employment and uses resources from all physicians to flourish.
4. CAO physicians have access to patient data from the nearly 200 physicians involved. This allows CAO to improve clinical outcomes and streamline processes.
5. Drs. Grosso, Levitt and Jossan created CAO with the determination to help private practices grow. He believes private practice is the best model for personalized care.