The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics Response to COVID-19
Updated April 24, 2020
At The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics, we continue to monitor developments around COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019). Please be assured that the safety of our patients, employees and visitors remains of utmost priority. As healthcare providers, it is already our standard to utilize infection control best practices in our day to day work.
Proactive actions we are taking:
- Provided all of our locations with prescriptive preventive measures and resources, including: facts on the virus, reinforcement of facility cleaning guidelines, guidance on personal protective care and use, and instructions on how to report a COVID-19 exposure.
- Requiring team members to take preventive measures recommended by the CDC to help stop the spread of the virus, including but not limited to: washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, avoiding contact with others who are sick, and staying home if sick.
- Communicating with patients through various channels to ensure rescheduling of appointments so that a patient may seek the appropriate medical attention and care if he/she has:
- Experienced any of the symptoms of coronavirus: Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell;
- Traveled to or had close contact with someone who has returned from international or high-risk travel;
- Tested positive for or been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Introduced telemedicine to stay connected to our patients, as well as, do our part to protect ourselves and others against COVID-19.
Everyone can take precautions against the spread of Coronavirus including these from the CDC:
- Washing your hands frequently
- Avoiding close contact
- Covering your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others (Please note, in Maryland cloth face coverings are required in public places by Executive Order of the Governor.)
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect
For more about these measures and other information on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website here.
Telemedicine Is Available for Physician and Therapy Appointments.
We are pleased to offer Telemedicine (video appointments) to meet the needs of our patients who require orthopaedic care by a physician and/or a physical or occupational therapist but are unable to come into the office. Whether you are an existing patient or a new patient, if you have an orthopaedic injury or condition which needs attention, we want to help. Please contact a CAO location to speak to a staff member who can determine whether a video or in person appointment would be best for you.