COVID-19 Precautions at CAO
As a healthcare provider, CAO is an essential business and has remained open during the COVID-19 pandemic. Throughout the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees, patients and visitors has and will continue to remain of utmost priority.
There have been ongoing state and local revisions to mandates and guidelines for the prevention of the transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Please remember that these mandates and guidelines are typically not applicable to healthcare settings. We seek to accommodate demand for in-person patient care in the safest way possible for both staff and patients. To accomplish this, we will continue to use additional measures that promote safety for employees, patients, and visitors such as:
- Patient Screening at time of appointment scheduling and upon arrival for office visit
- Requiring patient use of face mask or face covering (can be homemade)
- Placing limits on non-patient visitor volume
- Using social distancing practices such as minimizing time in waiting areas and spacing chairs at least six feet apart.
- Use of face masks or face coverings by employees, especially when in patient care areas
- Staff observance of other applicable infection control protocols
Watch this video to learn about how we are keeping patients and staff safe.
We thank each of our patients for their care and understanding as we have all adapted to a new way of doing things in the wake of COVID-19. As always, we are here to help you with your orthopaedic needs. If the pandemic has kept you away and you have an injury that is of concern, please contact your care center to schedule an appointment. We are doing everything we can to keep you and our team members safe. We continue to request that you contact your CAO location to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have experienced any of the symptoms of coronavirus within the last two weeks such as: Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell;
- Have had exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Everyone can take precautions against the spread of Coronavirus. For more about preventative measures and other information on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website to see guidance for fully vaccinated people and unvaccinated people.