Louis J. Ruland, III, M.D., M.S.
Request an Appointment
Louis J. Ruland III, M.S., M.D. is a board certified physician fellowship trained in sports medicine and arthroscopic reconstructive surgery at the Anne Arundel Orthopaedic Surgeons Division in Annapolis, Bowie, and Glen Burnie, Maryland. Dr. Ruland earned his medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine before obtaining a Masters of Science in Surgery from the University of Virginia Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. To further his training, Dr. Ruland completed a residency with the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center and a fellowship with Union Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Ruland is the past chief of the Orthopaedic Service at Anne Arundel Medical Center and is a board member of the Arthritis Foundation of Southern Maryland, Anne Arundel County Chapter. He also serves as team physician for local high school sports teams and previously served as team physician for the Bowie Baysox baseball team.
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
University of Virginia School of Medicine; Charlottesville, V.A.
University of Virginia Health Sciences Center; Charlottesville, V.A.
Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Reconstructive Surgery of Shoulder and Knee, Union Memorial Hospital; Baltimore, M.D.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Maryland Orthopaedic Society
- The McCue Society
- Whats Up Annapolis Magazine, Top Doc 2007
- Residents Award for Best Presentation, University of Virginia
- Residents Award for Best Presentation, Virginia Orthopaedic Society
- The Otto Aufranc Award, The Hip Society
Affiliated Surgery Centers
- Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Bowie Health Center